Friday, January 25, 2008

Daily updates?

So, I've gotten emails from a few people (you know who you are...) asking why I'm not updating my blog on a daily basis. I thought every other day or so was good enough :) but in a way, they're right...after all, this pregnancy is a HUGE event for us, and something we've been working very hard toward for a LONG time.

I also think it'll be fun to look back on this one day and see how things progressed with my pregnancy on a regular basis (and even share it with Baby C one day!)...soooo, I'll do my best, but I can't promise anything :)

As for today...well, it's a pretty good day. As usual, I didn't sleep very well, but I'm almost getting used to it, as well as that 'sour' feeling in my stomach. Oh and the congestion isn't getting any better either...ugh. But other than that I feel GREAT! LOL.

The low carb thing is going alright too. Those of you who've known me a long time know I've tried every diet under the sun...so low carbing isn't new to me...it's just a little harder when you're dealing with the pregnant ickiness. But so far, so good. And THANK YOU to everyone who left comments about their experiences with GD...any tips you have are much appreciated!

We have a fun and busy weekend coming up so I hope Baby C cooperates :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had GD when I was pg with Ella.... a great snack is apple slice with the low sugar/fat free caramel dip. In ShopRite they sell prepackaged signle serving apple slices and right next to it where all the yummy dips are...there is a 100 calorie pack of caramel (also single serving). My diet consisted of an english muffin/waffle/toast in the morning with 2 eggs. I had either scrammbled eggs with cheese or scallions. Then I snacked on nuts or yogurt. For lunch I had either a wrap with tuna (drenched in balsamic dressing) or a huge salad with grilled chicken and the same balsamic dressing. (Yes wierd Iknow but I craved chicken and vinegar like it was my job). Then dinner was meat with a small potato or side of pasta and a salad.

In all honesty it wasn't really bad at all! I ate tons of food and was never hungry. I only gained 18 pounds through the entire pg.

My guidelines were:
Bfast 30 g carbs
Snack 15 grams carbs
Lunch 30 grams carbs
Snack 15 grams carbs
Dinner 45 grams carbs
Snack 15 grams carbs.

I was able to skip the afternoon snack and have a 60g carb dinner if I wanted.

Feel free to page me if you ever have any questions about it. There is also a gd bio somewhere on the nest too.

Jennie (Scianc22)

Anonymous said...

I was just in Wegmans the other day and they have a whole selection of vegetable based pasta. not sure if you can eat that but I'm guessing its lower on carbs.
My other new addiction is Fage Yogurt. It's greek yogurt and is high in protein, low in sugar. It's so good! i mix it with fresh fruit and a little granola - yum!

I'm ao excited for you and frank that your dream is finally coming true!!