Monday, January 28, 2008

Bittersweet

I am proud to report that we had another great ultrasound this morning. Baby C is now measuring 8w2d and the heartbeat rate is 163. Everything is perfect...and he's even starting to look like a baby! (I'm calling it "he" for no other reason than to not have to type he/she all the time, FYI) My due date is now September 6th. Simply amazing...

Yesterday was my first EDD. Frank and I talked about it earlier in the week...actually, he brought it up. He said he was sad about what we went through but that's it's easier to deal with the EDD when you're expecting another baby. He is so right. Yes, it's upsetting and it's tough to hear other people's announcements right about now and think, I should have a baby in my arms too...but we feel more than blessed for what God has given us now.

I also had the pleasure of babysitting my 16 month old nephew yesterday for about 90 minutes, 87 of which he cried his eyes out. That took my mind off the EDD for a little while too...and also made me thankful (at least temporarily) that my baby will be remaining in my belly for another 7 months. LOL.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Melissa!!!!

I am so excited for you!!! I wanted to wait to congratulate you because when my friend was going through IVF, I would congratulate her early the first few times and it didn't work out - but when I finally kept my well wishes to myself, she ended up with a beautiful baby girl! I realise this is not scientific, but I feel every little bit helps. : )

Congratulations again!

Kelly
(kt + sa on the nest)

Anonymous said...

I'm SOOOOOOO happy for you. It's such great news that it's progressing so nicely. Happy and Healthy 8ish months to you!!!
I'm so happy!

Maria :)

Anonymous said...

yay!! Such wonderful news! We came up with a nickname for Giovanni and thats how we reffered to him for the first 20 weeks instead of "the baby, he, she or it"

Anonymous said...

I can't believe you're 8 weeks already! So happy about your U/S!

Anonymous said...

I am so happy for you both! I called Kaylee a "he" too, in the beginning. My OBGYN said most women refer to the baby as a he ;) And I literally LOLed at your last sentence! enjoy the silence now :)

Again, I'm SO happy for you! Continued vibes and prayers for the next 9 (or, I guess 8) months ;)

Lisa said...

Great news! Oh and BTW the old wives tale is that heartbeats above 160 are girls . . . it held true for us, Ryan was always in the 140s and he is obviously a boy.

Gillian said...

YAY!!! Glad to hear the continued great news!!!! 7 more months.. WOOHOO!!!

In tune with the nickname, we called Toby, "skittle" while in utero and once we knew he was a boy, we had his name already picked out, but still kept calling him, "the boy", lol.. whatever works, right??

Continued vibes!!

Anonymous said...

That's wonderful news!! So happy to hear everything is going well!! Enjoy every second!

Catherine (cat429)

Unknown said...

Im really Happy for you guys! I will you nothing but the best! Tons of luck to you!

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear that all is well. I am so happy for you.

Anonymous said...

That is great news

Anonymous said...

yay! I'm so happy for you and Frank! :)

Anonymous said...

HI Melissa,
Just wanted to tell you that I am so happy for you- I won't congratulate you yet because I am a bit superstitious, but I am thinking about you, and praying, and all I want is a H&H pregnancy for you!!!!!
Jackie
(bbzangel70j)