Saturday, November 24, 2007

Never a dull moment

My dad is in the hospital. I won't get into too many details, but it's never smooth sailing when he gets sick, given all his health issues. It took a lot of kicking and screaming for my mom to get him there (even though he was in a lot of pain), but he's pretty content since he's in a private room with a flat screen HDTV.

Hopefully he'll be out in about a week. And no, we don't know what's wrong with him yet...we're waiting for more test results.

As for me - I start my lupron tonight. Got my cooler packed since we'll be going to the hospital then to a friend's 40th birthday party. As crazy as this sounds, I LOVE the lupron shots, for a few reasons...it's one step closer to transfer, and it makes me feel really productive about my treatment. There's a big difference between injecting drugs in your belly and popping them in your mouth, in my opinion.

Yeah, I'm nuts :)

Speaking of which, my sister and nieces slept over last night, and my sister and I were in the bathroom brushing our teeth. She saw me take all my pills out and couldn't believe how many I take before bed. And to me, it's yet another thing that doesn't even make me blink twice. It's amazing how all of this becomes completely NORMAL after a while.

Or should I say, scary...

No comments: